Thursday 3 July 2014

Song of Hope

I was pointed towards a catchy song: the translated lyrics are printed below.


I heard that you are coming back all the way
I saw angels preparing the table for the son of the King
I saw a ladder, too, ascending and descending
I heard wind touching the leaves

I saw you, it was not a delirium
I heard that the sea declared a joyous day
I saw the stars and moon dancing
They, too, know how to roll back

I heard that the sun is in fact a shadow
I saw a tower shake and fall
(chorus)

Come, we have been waiting for you for too many years
We have become mad, we have lost our visage
We are simply withering away, so come
Yes, come, there are no more vessels* for us to break
We do not know who is sober
and who is drunk, and falling into the well, as it happens

So come, yes come
I heard that you are really standing at the gate
and that every innocent lamb will be able to live in the forest, and I heard
that this heart, too, will not die anymore
Imagination will sign a peace treaty with reality

All the sounds will be one simple song
Come, we have been waiting for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment